Admissions AND ENROLLMENT
Top Of The Line Barber School admits students into the school that meet the minimum age requirement (16). The student is required by the state of Texas to obtain a Student Permit from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation within 10 days of enrollment into the school.
Students must first submit the proper documentation before the procedure can begin.
Documents are as follows:
- Social security card
- Driver’s license or ID
- DD-214 (If Applicable)
- High school Diploma / G.E.D/ (T.S.I.) Texas Success Initiative Assessment.
- If the student is still currently in high school, documentation showing that the student has completed 7th grade or above must be provided to complete the registration process.
- If the High school diploma given to the school is deemed of questionable origin, the student will be asked to present official transcripts from their school. These documents will be sent directly to Top of the Line from their respective school.
- If homeschooled, a state-issued credential or documentation (ex. Transcripts, certificate of completion, etc.) to verify the student for secondary school completion. If the student was homeschooled in a state where state-issued credentials are not given, the student may still be admitted in the program if the state they come from accepts home schooling as home or private school.
- The high school diploma or transcript requirement can also be from a foreign school if its equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma.
- Documentation of proof of completion of secondary education from a foreign country must be officially translated int English and officially certified as the equivalent of high school completion in the United States.
- If enrolling for Cosmetology Operator to Class A Barber Program, a copy of current Cosmetology License must be provided in addition to the first four requirements above.
- Transfer student and Re-Entry students must provide the necessary documentation upon enrollment. (see Transfer Policy and Re-Entry Policy)
A student who chooses to use Texas Workforce Commission(DRS) funding:
- A service authorization from the students assigned TWC counselor will be needed before enrolling.
Once the necessary documents have been obtained by the sponsoring agency and has been approved, the registration process will begin by the administration as follows: (all documents will be read, reviewed, and signed by the student)
- A student’s financial arrangement/contract agreement with the school must be signed. If the student will be making a payment arrangement then an additional form must be signed. (Enrollment Agreement Addendum-Payment)
- The Barber Student Permit application will be processed.
- The Enrollment Agreement form is agreed upon and sign.
- The student will be given the Refund and Cancellation Policy to read and sign.
- A Disclosure Agreement will be given to be agreed upon and signed.
- The Program Outline will be given to the student to read and sign.
- The Attendance, Progress, Grievance Policy along with The S.A.P. Policy will be given to the student to read and sign.
- The Rules of Operation and Student Conduct Policy will be given and signed.
- The student Sanitation procedures will be given to be read and signed.
- Rules and Expectations
- Acknowledgment of the student Expectations
- Attendance Rules
Top of the Line Barber School Admissions Office is located at
5806 Walzem Rd, San Antonio, TX 78218
Regular office hours are Monday through Friday 9:00am-6:00pm.
* Please call to make an appointment. After hour appointments can be arranged.
Walk-Ins are Welcome!